Friday 12 October 2012

"Bad Things happen to Good People" The Moral of the story....

"Bad Things happen to Good People" 


The past few weeks have seen me take a break from my blog to catch up on real life.... 

Real life however has seen the harsh realities of how cruel the human race can be exposed to even greater depths. The death of Jill Meagher in Australia horrified the world, and it really struck me that bad things happen to good people. We all have that feeling that Oh that would never happen to me!!!! but the tragedy of Jill's murder showed us all that it can.

Having returned recently from a summer in America it made me think how carefree we can be. I too have done as Jill did, and walk the quick 10 minute walk home instead of getting a taxi as have many of many friends. It's the belief that we are save but we never know where danger is preying upon us and this is the sad realities of the world we now live in. Jill Meagher's death is a tragic end to a beautiful life and my thoughts are with her family and will remain with them. Days after this the world woke up to another devastating story of April Jones who vanished in Wales after the 5 year old was last seen getting into a blue jeep. As it has transpired that was to be the last time \April would be seen. The tragedy evokes again memories to the case of Madeline McCann. April is presumed dead and her abductor has been charged with murder but the 5 year old remains missing. I fear she will become another victim who remains missing forever.

But life must go on....... or so they say

Life goes on... but how? I can't imagine the pain both these families are going through and yet there we have that phrase "Life must go on". It is true that we must continue, but the pain also continues with us also.

The 411 on The MAJ.......

M A J I hear you say, what’s that? Good question. The MAJ in simpler terms is the MA Journalism program here at NUI Galway that I have found myself a student of. 
I have to admit I love the course and being a Journalist. I have also become the Co News & Features Editor of SIN Student Newspaper and a presenter of The Weekly Word on Flirt FM here in Galway.

Look Like things are picking up pace in The West for this blogger.......

Until next time 

S


No comments:

Post a Comment